Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Project

According to T.S. Eliot, our days can be measured out in coffee spoons, meaning that the consistency of coffee in our daily lives (or, in my case, a white chocolate mocha) would theoretically allow us to construct a sort of bizarre hourglass with each coffee spoon (or Starbucks to-go cup) making a sort of strange substitute for each grain of sand, and each grain of sand representing one day of life.

I pose that a similar metaphor could be created with stupid things that people say or do.  I may not consistently start my morning with a dose of stupidity, but at some point during my day, I will encounter something, somewhere that is really dumb.  Sometimes, coincidentally enough, while I am in the process of getting my coffee.

So my goal for the next 365 days is to take note of the dumbest thing that I encounter all day, and point it out to others so that everyone can feel a little bit superior as we age.

No comments:

Post a Comment